CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: servos,geckos,and power supplies

Posted by rehenry
on 2002-02-21 17:52:20 UTC
Doc

We have had a few problems with the EMC interpreter error messages
getting through to the gui like they are supposed to. backplot, if you
run it with the power off to your stepper machine will show the progress
of the tool. If you have placed a "gohome" at the end of the program it
should show the tool at the home location when the program has finished.

If you are running with % at the start and end of the program the
highlight will be one line behind what is being executed. In this case,
backplot will show the wrong color for some moves.

You can get at most interpreter error messages by running the program
using the script MDI_Input and load and run the file using that window.
You can see other error messages by running the emc in a terminal window
and turn debug to the max in your ini file.

HTH

Ray

>    From: "docholliday01201" <whollid1@...>
<s>
>         And by the way while were on the subject of CNC machining,
> I've asked this question before but I forgot the correct answer; I
> had had numerous problems with EMC running a part up until about the
> third to the last line of G. code, and then the program discovering a
> minor syntax error, and locking up.  Is there any rapid and the easy
> way to verify a part program before running it.  Specifically is the
> back plot feature capable of performing this function.  And it's all
> what is the procedure to run back plot under EMC.

Discussion Thread

docholliday01201 2002-02-19 12:55:06 UTC servos,geckos,and power supplies Jon Elson 2002-02-19 19:56:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servos,geckos,and power supplies rehenry 2002-02-21 17:52:20 UTC Re: servos,geckos,and power supplies