CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 2109

Posted by rehenry
on 2002-02-25 15:35:07 UTC
There is some work being done at NIST on using STEP based shape
definitions for machining. There is also some stuff laying around on
shape recognition for milling. Both use parts of the EMC for their basic
motion stuff.

RayH U.P. Michigan

On Monday 25 February 2002 11:36 am, CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
wrote:
> Message: 24
>    Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:32:58 -0500
>    From: "Kevin P. Martin" <kpmartin@...>
> Subject: RE: G-code---for the new millenium
>
> If you want to skip the "assembly" step and go to a higher-level
> language, my Machinery's Handbook briefly describes a language called
> APT which allows you to assign geometric objects (points, lines, arcs,
> etc) to named symbols, and to perform tool motions along these
> geometric objects.
>
> I have yet to hear of anything which implements APT, though I must
> admit I have not been looking hard...
> -Kevin Martin

Discussion Thread

rehenry 2002-02-25 15:35:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 2109