CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Limit and Homing switches Over 2200 memberstoday

Posted by Wally Daniels
on 2002-03-07 18:44:49 UTC
At 07:53 AM 3/7/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Just an unique solution found a guy in Germany. He mounted cams on the
>ends of the ballscrew.(30°step up). This way he was able to use a
>relatively cheap micro switch (tolerance 0,1mm =0,004") and anyway he
>got excellent accuracy because of the multiplying factor of the turn of
>the screw.
>Just an idea I got convinced of immediately.
>Good Luck
>Sven Peter
>
>(not always OT - and not at all wanting to insult anybody)
>wanliker@... wrote:
>>
>> I am converting an EMCO COMPACT 5PC lathe to more modern drives, G-320,
with
>> servos, instead of the old steppers.
>> I have now come to the part where i have to think about Limit, and Home
>> switches.
>> Has anyone on the list got the answers to what I should use. This is a 5 x
>> 12 lathe so something bit would be very hard to mount and use.

Hi Bill, Sven and All,

After reading Sven's note, I am reminded of the Devlieg 430R machines we
have at work. Because of the construction of the -Z- axis
, they use a rotary Cam switch arrangement in a 'can' such as Sven
describes. I will check tomorrow for a manufacturer name. This may be
your best solution as it can handle the Home and +/- Limit switches in one
assembly.

Good Luck , Wally

Discussion Thread

Sven Peter 2002-03-07 05:54:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Limit and Homing switches Over 2200 memberstoday Wally Daniels 2002-03-07 18:44:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Limit and Homing switches Over 2200 memberstoday