CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CNC Part Setup, Conversational Programming

on 2002-03-08 10:35:10 UTC
Hi Doug,

That conversational programming sounds quite interesting! So as I
understand you, one can switch into this mode from running a part
program, and set a rotation. I think I can see how a "R Xnn Ynn Cnn"
command could be handled by the parser too.

I take you example, but couldn't you just as easily have use MDI and
commanded a cut? OK, I see now that you said pocket. That would be
another story! I know nothing about Conversational programming, but
I've been thinking that providing "canned cycles" to do various tasks
might be nice to have.

Something to look into. Perhaps I can find an example somewhere. As I
recall, Ron Ginger was working on something like that.

Alan KM6VV

doug98105 wrote:

> Alan,
>
> It's an Autocon Delta (Dynapath) control. The axis rotation is in
> the conversational programming, but the control can intermix
> conversational with Gcode so no problem using axis rotation within a
> Gcode program.
>
> The code is "Nnnn (R) Xctr Yctr Cnnn". X&Y specify the center of
> rotation, C specifies the angle. Cnnn is an absolute angular value,
> Cnnn/ is incremental from the previous angular value. Of course the
> control prompts you for the values.
>
> Just this afternoon I used axis rotation to mill a 5/8" wide x 1.5"
> long slot angled at 45 degrees. First I programmed an axis rotation
> of 45 degrees, then used the canned cycle (converstaional in this
> case) to mill a rectangular pocket. All done standing in front of
> the machine without any CAD or CAM.
>
> Doug
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
> > Hi Rob, Doug,
> >
> > Good point! I hadn't thought about axis rotation before. Where is
> it
> > "commanded" on the machine (not a Gcode, I suspect)? By angle?
> Might
> > make for some interesting math. Starts sounding like CAD software!
> >
> > How about "canned" touchoff routines? Tell it to find the part, and
> > save the coordinates in a file.
> >
> > Alan KM6VV

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-03-08 10:35:10 UTC Re: CNC Part Setup, Conversational Programming