CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC error reporting, radius compensation

snuckleton wrote:

> I am using the EMC system and I'm trying to debug
> a GCode program. When I open, and then verify my
> program, EMC may report errors but it doesn't give line
> numbers or any context for the error. Is there any way to get more
> details on the errors?
>
> Also, I'm finding that after modifying my program, saving the file,
> doing an Open in EMC, then verify - the first error it reports seems
> to be a leftover from the previous version of the program file. Clicking
> Verify again gives me fresh errors.

Yes, some versions don't update the program window when you reload
a program of the same name. If in doubt, I load a different program, then
you are having.

> Finally, does anyone have a simple program that uses G41 or G42
> to do cutter radius compensation? This is what I'm trying to
> figure out.

Yes. I wrote this for the CAD CAM FAQ :
http://206.19.206.56/diacomp.htm

If you have any questions on this, let me know.

snuckleton 2002-03-20 19:05:52 UTC EMC error reporting, radius compensation Jon Elson 2002-03-20 22:39:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC error reporting, radius compensation Ray Henry 2002-03-21 09:24:55 UTC Re: EMC error reporting, radius compensation