CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MaxNC T2

Posted by batwings@i...
on 2002-03-21 04:24:14 UTC
At 03:03 PM 3/20/02 -0000, you wrote:
>Need advice on the correct setup for the MaxNC T2 lathe...open loop. I
>have struggled with this machine on and off for 2 years...How do you
>set the stupid thing up! I need to know how to zero the machine out
>for 1 to 4 cutting tools. Can someone please give me simple step by
>step instructions that a 10 year old can understand.

Set your home position farther from work then max len of any and all tools
in both directions, or if 3-axis farther in all three directions. That will
enable you to set any tool in place while machine is homed. Then jog each
tool in turn to your ref point on work using the axes necessary for that,
and record the offsets into the tool table. When you select the tool
number, you machne should apply the offsets to the tools and position them
back to the ref point, from whence you start to run your program. It should
IMHO also display tool-tip coords, so you can use 0,0,0 on your part for
ref point and display will be on the part datum itself

Regards, Hoyt

Belfab CNC - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/belfab/belfab.html
Best MC Repair - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/best.html
Camping/Caving - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/caving.html