CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Constant Current Drive

on 2002-03-29 22:03:52 UTC
There is another way to control the current... My Bridgeport Series I CNC
uses some kind of feedback-inductive-reactance on the power supply
transformer to adjust the current. I'm not sure how it works, but it does,
and pretty well. Anybody interested, I'll study up on it & report on it.

RayHex

> From: Alan Rothenbush <beer@...>

> There are four basic drive circuits we can use to make this stepper move.
> In all cases, we want to supply 1 amp of current. More and it might
> overheat, less and we won't get all the power we paid for.
>
> Alan

Discussion Thread

Raymond Heckert 2002-03-29 22:03:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Constant Current Drive