CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: running servo's

on 1999-12-16 09:54:55 UTC

Jan;

The servo oscillating usually indicates too much proportional or
differential gain, whereas the runaway is often caused by reversed polarity
(which is effectively the same thing as having the encoder reversed). You
might try reversing the DAC cable again and reducing gain. Just a guess, as
I'm not really familiar with your system.

Doug

> Tried also with other PID value but no improvement was seen.
>
> So what knowledge am I missing ?
>
> and what is BIAS? I do not find a description of this parameter.
>
> Thanks in advance for your reply.
>
> Jan.
>

> [Attachments have been removed from this message]
>
> > Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the
> discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.
> To Unsubscribe, read archives, change to or from digest.
> Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
> Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
> For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
> bill,
> List Manager

Discussion Thread

Jan 1999-12-16 08:54:56 UTC running servo's Harrison, Doug 1999-12-16 09:54:55 UTC RE: running servo's Jon Elson 1999-12-16 12:36:37 UTC Re: running servo's