CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: 2 Axis Motion at Last, P machine ??? INI FILE please ???

Posted by ajv2803959
on 2002-04-04 05:50:30 UTC
Thank you for your reply:
So I put the important section of my ini file. I canĀ“t be able to get
more than 4 KHZ pulse stream from EMC 16 Khz would be fine for me.
Take care about the units for me are millimeters not inches.
TIA
<<<<< INI FILE >>>>>
; EMC controller parameters for Rays Frequency Stepper Minimill
; General section
[EMC]
; Version of this INI file
VERSION = $Revision: 1.7.1 $

; Name of machine, for use with display, etc.
MACHINE = Ray's Frequency Stepper Minimill

; Name of NML file to use, default is emc.nml
NML_FILE = emc.nml

; Debug level, 0 means no messages. See emc/src/emcnml/emcglb.h for
others
; DEBUG = 0x00000003
DEBUG = 0x7FFFFFFF

; Startup codes for RS-274-NGC interpreter
;RS274NGC_STARTUP_CODE = G20

; Sections for display options ---------------------------------------
[DISPLAY]

; Platform for GUI
PLAT = nonrealtime

; Name of display program, e.g., xemc
; DISPLAY = xemc
DISPLAY = tkemc
; DISPLAY = yemc
; DISPLAY = keystick
; DISPLAY = emcpanel

; Cycle time, in seconds, that display will sleep between polls
CYCLE_TIME = 0.100

; Path to help file
HELP_FILE = doc/help.txt

; Initial display setting for position, RELATIVE or ABSOLUTE
POSITION_OFFSET = RELATIVE

; Initial display setting for position, COMMANDED or ACTUAL
POSITION_FEEDBACK = ACTUAL

; Highest value that will be allowed for feed override, 1.0 = 100%
MAX_FEED_OVERRIDE = 1.2

; Prefix to be used
PROGRAM_PREFIX = programs/

; Units for display, default would be AUTO
;LINEAR_UNITS = AUTO
; LINEAR_UNITS = INCH
LINEAR_UNITS = MM
; LINEAR_UNITS = CM
ANGULAR_UNITS = AUTO
; ANGULAR_UNITS = DEG
; ANGULAR_UNITS = RAD
; ANGULAR_UNITS = GRAD

; Enable popup balloon help
BALLOON_HELP = 1

; Task controller section --------------------------------------------
---------
[TASK]

; Platform for task controller
PLAT = nonrealtime

; Name of task controller program, e.g., bridgeporttask
; TASK = bridgeporttask
TASK = minimilltask

; Cycle time, in seconds, that task controller will sleep between
polls
CYCLE_TIME = 0.010

; Part program interpreter section -----------------------------------
---------
[RS274NGC]

; File containing interpreter variables
PARAMETER_FILE = emc.var

; Motion control section ---------------------------------------------
---------
[EMCMOT]

; Platform for motion
PLAT = realtime
; Name of motion control program
EMCMOT = freqmod.o
; Key for real OS shared memory, e.g., for simulated motion
SHMEM_KEY = 100

SHMEM_BASE_ADDRESS = 0x3F00000

; Address for parallel port used for steppers
PARPORT_IO_ADDRESS = 0x378

; Timeout for comm to emcmot, in seconds
COMM_TIMEOUT = 1.0

; Interval between tries to emcmot, in seconds
COMM_WAIT = 0.010

; Base task period, in seconds
PERIOD = 0.00004

; Trajectory planner section -----------------------------------------
---------
[TRAJ]

AXES = 3
; COORDINATES = X Y Z R P W
COORDINATES = X Y Z
HOME = 0 0 0
LINEAR_UNITS = 1
ANGULAR_UNITS = 1.0
CYCLE_TIME = 0.010
DEFAULT_VELOCITY = 6
MAX_VELOCITY = 60
DEFAULT_ACCELERATION = 10.0
MAX_ACCELERATION = 10.0
PROBE_INDEX = 0
PROBE_POLARITY = 1

; Axes sections ------------------------------------------------------
---------
[AXIS_0]

TYPE = LINEAR
UNITS = 1
HOME = 0.000
MAX_VELOCITY = 12
P = 1000.000
I = 0.000
D = 0.000
FF0 = 0.000
FF1 = 5000.000
FF2 = 0.000
BACKLASH = 0.000
BIAS = 0.000
MAX_ERROR = 0.000
DEADBAND = 0.000
CYCLE_TIME = 0.001000
; INPUT_SCALE= 360 steps in halfmode/5mm pitch =72
INPUT_SCALE = 72 0
OUTPUT_SCALE = 72.000 0.000
MIN_LIMIT = 0.0
MAX_LIMIT = 2500.0
MIN_OUTPUT = -10
MAX_OUTPUT = 10
FERROR = 010.000
MIN_FERROR = 0.100
HOMING_VEL = 0.1
HOME_OFFSET = 0.10
ENABLE_POLARITY = 1
MIN_LIMIT_SWITCH_POLARITY = 0
MAX_LIMIT_SWITCH_POLARITY = 0
HOME_SWITCH_POLARITY = 1
HOMING_POLARITY = 1
JOGGING_POLARITY = 1
FAULT_POLARITY = 1

; Third axis
[AXIS_2]

TYPE = LINEAR
UNITS = 1
HOME = 0.000
MAX_VELOCITY = 12
P = 1000.000
I = 0.000
D = 0.000
FF0 = 0.000
FF1 = 0.000
FF2 = 0.000
BACKLASH = 0.000
BIAS = 0.000
MAX_ERROR = 0.000
DEADBAND = 0.000
CYCLE_TIME = 0.001000
; INPUT_SCALE= 360/3 mm pitch = 120
INPUT_SCALE = 120 0
OUTPUT_SCALE = 120.000 0.000
MIN_LIMIT = -100.0
MAX_LIMIT = 100.0
MIN_OUTPUT = -10
MAX_OUTPUT = 10
FERROR = 10.000
MIN_FERROR = 0.100
HOMING_VEL = 0.1
HOME_OFFSET = 0.10
ENABLE_POLARITY = 1
MIN_LIMIT_SWITCH_POLARITY = 0
MAX_LIMIT_SWITCH_POLARITY = 0
HOME_SWITCH_POLARITY = 1
HOMING_POLARITY = 1
JOGGING_POLARITY = 1
FAULT_POLARITY = 1

; section for main IO controller parameters --------------------------
---------
[EMCIO]

; Platform for IO controller
PLAT = nonrealtime

; Name of IO controller program, e.g., bridgeportio
; EMCIO = bridgeportio
EMCIO = minimillio
; EMCIO = simio

; cycle time, in seconds
CYCLE_TIME = 0.100

; tool table file
TOOL_TABLE = emc.tbl

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Toddy, Terry L CUBA" <tltoddy@o...>
wrote:
> I need more information from you to see where your problem is. What
is the
> Input Scale and Output Scale set to in your ini file? Mine are both
set to
> 2000. Also check you max velocity settings in the [TRAJ] and [AXIS]
> sections.
>
> My setup moves 1" for 2000 pulses from EMC. So at 500 IPM that is
8.3 in/sec
> for 16.7 kHz pulse stream from EMC. With the Pentium 333 you should
be able
> to do better than that, but actual machine speed will depend on
your gearing
> (input scale and output scale settings in the ini file).
>
> The tuning parameters on my ini file:
>
> P= 800
> D= 0
> I= 0
> FF0= 0
> FF1= 0
> FF2= 0
>
> I don't have the ini file handy but I can post it later if you
anyone is
> still interested.
>
> Terry

Discussion Thread

Toddy, Terry L CUBA 2002-04-03 05:26:24 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 2 Axis Motion at Last, Plasma machine ? ????? Its possible ??? ajv2803959 2002-04-04 05:50:30 UTC Re: 2 Axis Motion at Last, P machine ??? INI FILE please ???