CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 2211

Posted by Tony Jeffree
on 2002-04-06 23:48:20 UTC
Another alternative is to use one of the switching regulators - they
dissipate much less power than the linear regulators & aren't that much
more expensive.

For example, LM2574HVN5ยท0 is rated at 5V, 100ma and will take an input
voltage of 7-60V. It comes in a 7-40V version too.

Regards,
Tony

At 16:00 06/04/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>Many just use a dropping resistor to feed the 7805, but using a
>higher rated 78xx series reg will drop the volts in stages, and can
>power a cooling fan at the same time... (7824 or 7818 are good
>choices; heatsinks all around<G>)
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>Ballendo
>

>--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Steve Blackmore <steve@p...> wrote:
> > Thanks for the input on the circuit - Sorry about the metafiles,
>it's
> > that or DXF/DWG output from the schematic section of Protel.
> >
> > If you want to view almost any graphics file try Irfanview - see
> >
> > http://www.irfanview.com
> > (Goto downloads page and also download the plugins)
> >
> > Usual disclaimer + it's free and works!!
> >
> > I've spotted a couple of errors/omissions myself and the next
> > generation V2.2 will be posted over the weekend.
> >
> > I've reduced the number of via's, increased the size of two power
> > planes and added some more notes.
> >
> > I need to look at the 7805 input voltage - can someone suggest a
> > suitable way of feeding it at more than 15v or so?
> >
> > The rest of the circuit should be able to handle 50 volts with the
> > rated components I have.

Discussion Thread

Tony Jeffree 2002-04-06 23:48:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 2211 Tony Jeffree 2002-04-06 23:57:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 2211 Steve Blackmore 2002-04-07 00:43:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 2211