CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

re: Vector IGES import

Posted by Elliot Burke
on 2002-04-09 02:12:00 UTC
Thanks to James for going beyond the menu choices.
IGES does import into Vector. It is editable, in the sense that I can
remove the many auxillary lines that are in the IGES file that SolidWorks
created.

Vector recognizes the 3-d geometry when generating G-code.

There are lots of things to learn about Vector, but it appears to contain
the feature (IGES import) that will save me hours of redrawing my parts.
Yeah!

Maybe I'll make a slightly enlarged part for roughing.

This will be too much fun.

Elliot

> Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 15:06:12 -0500
> From: "James Stevens" <stevens@...>
>Subject: Re: Vector cad import

>I just tried importing an IGES file into Vector and it worked fine. I
>didn't know it had this capability since it's not one of the options under
>File - Open. Do a File - Open and for the file type select "all files
>*.*" - select your IGES file and it should open up the geometry.

>Fred, you should definitely make everyone aware that you can import IGES
>files. I have the Vector demo running to see if I wanted to take the
plunge
>from BobCad. The only thing holding me back was the (assumed) lack of
>ability to import IGES. Now that I see that Vector can import IGES, I'll
be
>ordering up Vector!

>Thanks for the prodding, Elliot!

>James

Discussion Thread

Elliot Burke 2002-04-09 02:12:00 UTC re: Vector IGES import