CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC BDI freqmod curiosity

John Guenther wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> I have a question about freqmod.o on the EMC BDI 2.12 release. I just
> started playing with freqmod, I have the system working well with steppermod
> but thought I would try freqmod. The problem is that now that I have it
> working with freqmod, the Z axis moves are opposite those that I get with
> steppermod. That is to say that in steppermod the command G0 Z-.5 will move
> the head down into the work .5 inches. When the same command is issued
> using freqmod the Z axis move up .5 inches. The emc.ini file is the same
> file with only the appropriate lines commented out or uncommented depending
> on whether I am using steppermod of freqmod. Any help will be greatly
> appreciated.

This is not a problem with freqmod, it is with steppermod. Or, it is with
the way you have the direction set up on your Z axis driver. Anyway, it
should be consistent between the two programs. I suppose we should just
pick one and change it, so that the work the same. You can then switch
one winding polarity on your stepper motors to flip the direction if you
don't want to change the .ini file.

John Guenther 2002-04-10 04:52:09 UTC EMC BDI freqmod curiosity William Scalione 2002-04-10 05:12:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC BDI freqmod curiosity Jon Elson 2002-04-10 10:39:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC BDI freqmod curiosity