CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Was 3.2, G298, Now: Tony's PIC

on 2002-04-10 12:04:31 UTC
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I'd be curious what PIC and compiler you used, if
you wouldn't mind. I have 'C' and .ASM code for motion control (also
uses some floating point), and I'd planned to "drop it in" when I got
back on the PIC's. Easier said then done! Seems I need a LOT of space!

Alan KM6VV
P.S. Good luck on your project. I've enjoyed your website!

tonyjeffree wrote:

> Hi Alan -
>
> At present, I am planning to build it as a finished unit.
>
> You're right - Marris's G298 is very interesting as the basis for a
> higher powered version. However, first things first - I will have to
> see how this one goes & then think about what V2 looks like.
>
> Regards,
> Tony
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
> > Hi Tony,
> >
> > I KNEW I'd heard of a project! Sound like you're way ahead of my
> PIC
> > project.
> >
> > How do you intend to release it? As a kit, or do you intend to
> make the
> > source code, schematics and board layout available to to the list?
> >
> > Mariss' new G298 board will probably fit in well with your efforts!
> >
> > Alan KM6VV
> >

> > Tony Jeffree wrote:

> replaced
> single axis
> it's any
> built
> > >
> > > Done that...I have an initial production run of single-axis
> > > PIC/L297/L298-based rotary table controllers in progress right
> now...am
> > > working on the documentation as we speak. Headline specs:
> > >
> > > -Will handle any drive ratio between 1:1 and 99:1 - software
> settable
> > > -Software settable motor current up to 2A/phase
> > > -Idle current can be set as up to 50% of the motor current
> > > -Supply voltage up to 40V
> > > -Jogs in increments of +- 1/100th, 1/10th, 1 or 10 degrees
> > > -Division mode handles all divisions from 1 to 999
> > > -Degrees mode handles any angular move in range 0.001 to 360.000
> degrees
> > > -All moves calculated to the nearest 1/2 step - errors are evenly
> > > distributed to avoid cumulative errors creating the "thick or
> thin tooth"
> > > problem. Display shows desired position and actual angular
> position
> > > -Can be driven via external step-and-direction signals to use as
> a "true"
> > > 4th axis
> > > -Can be used to drive an external power stage via step-and-
> direction
> > > signals to allow higher power motors to be used
> > > -Controlled/configured via a 16-key keyboard & a 2-line by 16-
> char LCD display.
> > >
> > > Pics & fuller specs to follow...
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Tony

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-04-10 12:04:31 UTC Re: Was 3.2, G298, Now: Tony's PIC