CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: Re: Was Chopper circuit - Now ver 3 .2, G298

on 2002-04-12 06:38:49 UTC
I have even seen PIC's with comparators built in!

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Rothenbush [mailto:beer@...]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 9:05 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: Re: Was Chopper circuit - Now ver
3.2, G298

> Why bother with a PIC for a L297 replacement, unless you wanted to add
some
> rudimentary microstep capability? Would a PIC be cheaper? The L297 can do
> half-step and full-step, but adding microstepping would require a DAC and
> control logic.

I'm in the middle of a project that uses a PIC to drive a 3776. It uses
simple 2% resistors to generate 1/2 - 1/4 - 1/8 steps. No DAC required.
This would be an add-on for DanM's 5A controller.

Note: I don't expect to get 8 times the resolution over the stock
motor, simply smoother response.

Now, to carry this project further, the only "control" logic required over
and above the PIC to drive the G298 is a comparator.

Hmm ...

Alan

P.S. Yes, suitable PICs ARE cheaper than 297s.

--

Alan Rothenbush | The Spartans do not ask the number of the
Academic Computing Services | enemy, only where they are.

Addresses:

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.

site to the CCED group, as many of the same memembers are there, for OT

Post messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Moderator: jmelson@... timg@... [Moderator]
bill,
List Mom