CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: What software's the Best???

Posted by dave_ace_me
on 2002-04-15 19:13:20 UTC
Hi Joe,

there is a database in the files section. it is a good place to
start.

as to what is 'best' that is a matter of opinion.

some think free is best (turboCNC) but it is dos
others think low price but Windows not DOS if best (Master5)
others think Linux is best (EMC)

All the programs in the database listed for control can control your
Gecko's.

I think all that you would afford use the parellel port so there are
no special cards needed.

But you need to do a little research on your needs to determine what
is best for you.

I would recomend you check the homepage of this list and research the
URL's listed there.

Also, many programs do not do the cad to cut but need to have your
cad filed interputed into G code. so you need a CAD and an
interputer and a control program.

Hope this helps.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "joe_rathbun" <forreal@a...> wrote:
> Hello all...i am looking for a software pkg (preferrably windows
> based) re: simple to use, that can be used directly without a
control
> card or controller... i would like it to control gecko drivers that
> have with my nema 23 steppers...
>
> can someone help me??? with there thoughts ??? thanks...alot for
the
> help.
>
> Joe

Discussion Thread

joe_rathbun 2002-04-15 09:23:18 UTC What software's the Best??? dave_ace_me 2002-04-15 19:13:20 UTC Re: What software's the Best???