CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Ballscrew Info...

Posted by Bob Campbell
on 1999-12-26 21:54:24 UTC
Joseph,

You may want to look at the leadscrews from BS&A www.ballscrews.com.

I just got three of them and I believe their claim of zero backlash on their
new supernuts. They also have ballscrews.

Bob Campbell

----- Original Message -----
From: <jdelgado@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 1999 4:51 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ballscrew Info...

> From: jdelgado@...
>
> New to group, so hello to all. I am glad I found ya!
> I have 5 small injection molding machines, and specialize
> in small and miniature plastics parts.I build my own tooling,
> and have a Supermax 10x54 mill for larger stuff.
> (Use primarily AutoCAD & BobCAD)
> The problem is that it's too big for tiny inserts...
> they kinda get lost. I have recently completed a retrofit
> of a Jet JMD-18 benchtop mill. The mill is less than
> a year old, and a nice little machine.I installed a
> TMG stepper system retrofit. (The Motion Group).
> The package was nice, and quite a value.
> I also have the optional output control signals
> (spindle, coolant, etc.) and the optical home sensor package
> (I really like it!). Anyway, to make a long post even longer,
> I have completed the brackets and tested everthing.
> Thumbs up!!! I have two brand new leadscrew nuts,
> which i have installed on the 10tpi acme leadscrew,
> and no matter what I do, I still have about .002-.004" of
> backlash, at the nuts. If I adjust the nuts to eliminate
> the lash totally, the screws are too hard to turn,
> and the steppers drop out. So it looks like ballscrews
> are in order. What is the difference bewteen "pitch" and tpi?
> Anybody make a ballscrew kit for mill/drills?
> What about cost? Anyone been there and got a t-shirt?
> Any input? Thanks in advance...
>
> Joseph Delgado Sr.
>
> delgadosolutions.com
>
> > Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the
discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.
> To Unsubscribe, read archives, change to or from digest.
> Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
> Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
> For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
> bill,
> List Manager

Discussion Thread

jdelgado@x... 1999-12-26 16:51:04 UTC Ballscrew Info... Steve Carlisle 1999-12-26 19:05:13 UTC Re: Ballscrew Info... Tim Goldstein 1999-12-26 19:07:46 UTC RE: Ballscrew Info... Bob Campbell 1999-12-26 21:54:24 UTC Re: Ballscrew Info... Jon Elson 1999-12-26 21:52:38 UTC Re: Ballscrew Info...