CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Heat sinking Gecko’s

Posted by wayne_j_hill
on 2002-05-01 10:52:38 UTC
Dave,

I used a 4 X 12 X 1/4 aluminum plate and mounted my four G320's on
one side with CPU heat sinks w/fans on the other side. Use heatsink
compound on the back of the Gecko Drives. Remember to drill holes in
the heat sink so you can access the screws to the GeckoDrive covers
from the back.

Wayne

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "dave_ace_me" <davemucha@j...> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have some 5 amp steppers and Gecko 201's
>
> I was wondering just how much heat sink is required.
>
> What I would like to do is mount them on a 4"x4" x 1/4 aluminum
plate
> on my floppy holder in my old PC case and have a fan blow across
them.

> Some of the aftermarket heat sinks have some pretty heavy fins.
>
> Any words of advice ? cautions ?
>
> Dave

Discussion Thread

dave_ace_me 2002-05-01 07:40:59 UTC Heat sinking Gecko’s wayne_j_hill 2002-05-01 10:52:38 UTC Re: Heat sinking Gecko’s