CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Connectors, switches etc.

Posted by Bob Campbell
on 2002-05-01 12:04:44 UTC
Jay,

Look at my web page. I have a bill of materials thee for my CNC router
project www.campbelldesigns.com . It should give you some help.

For limit switches, I like Proximity switches. Automation direct has them in
stock www.automatiodirect.com .

For a pc in a control box, I plan on doing that for my next system.

Yes, you should use a cooling fan in your control box. I also have a fan
inside blowing on my heat sinks for my Gecko drives.

On my latest system, I used a contactor which is connected to my EPO switch
to drop all power if necessary including the power to my router. The
contactor also has a special normally closed contact that I use to connect
to the disable contact on the Gecko drives.

Bob Campbell

-----Original Message-----
From: jbolt001 [mailto:js3mc@...]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 5:49 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Connectors, switches etc.

Hello Group,

I've ordered my transformer, cap and rectifier for my power supply
and my Geckos. What I need now is some help on the rest of the
electronic fiddly bits. Connectors, limit switches etc and a box to
put it all in. I have not decided on software yet but it will
probably be Master5 or CNC Pro. So here are some of my questions:

What connectors would be a good choice for the steppers?

What type of switches do I need for the limit switches? How about
connectors?

I'll be using the Rev1 201 Geckos. Can I set up an E-stop with these
or is it done on the PS? How?

Should I install a cooling fan in the case?

Has anyone combined the PC, drives and power supply in one case? Is
this a bad idea?

Other than the power cord, on/off switch and parallel cable connector
is there anything other switches, connectors etc. I'm missing?

I've read some posts about using a resistor across the cap to bleed
off excess power when not in use and another about using the same
resistor in series to slowly charge the cap. I also recall mention of
using an LED to bleed off the cap. Is any of this necessary?

Thanks,

Jay

Addresses:

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.

site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for OT

Post messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Moderator: jmelson@... timg@... [Moderator]
bill,
List Mom