CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] bridge rectifier

Posted by Doug Fortune
on 2002-05-02 07:47:40 UTC
keongsan wrote:

> Have always had problem trying to figure out if the
> bridge rectifier need heatsink and/or need to be grounded.

Hi:

Yes, the bridge rectifier generates heat, but not much.
Hence attaching it to your metal case with some heatsink
grease compound is probably sufficient.

You'll note on my webpage I sell vertical heatsinks for
Geckos. Some of my customers are mounting the bridge
rectifier right on top of the tall I-beam (see the photos),
and of course the assembly is placed in the fan blast
for fantastic (pardon the pun) cooling.

The base does not usually need to be grounded, but it
just might be ground be with your particular part.

regards
Doug Fortune
http://www.cncKITS.com NEW -> 1KW 75VDC Gecok power supply kits

.

Discussion Thread

keongsan 2002-05-02 00:04:19 UTC bridge rectifier dave_ace_me 2002-05-02 05:59:28 UTC Re: bridge rectifier Doug Fortune 2002-05-02 07:47:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] bridge rectifier