CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Induction generator

on 1999-12-29 08:23:40 UTC
Hi,

Jon wrote:

> I was informed by people that have done it, that with the right
> selection of capacitors across the lines, you get good voltage
and
> frequency regulation. This is in contrast to what I'd been
taught
> in a power EE class, but the capacitors are apparently the
secret,
> as the circulate substantial imaginary current to keep the rotor

> optimally excited.

Thanks, I did find a link to something:

http://www.qsl.net/ns8o/welcome.html

( at this moment this site seems to be down )

Well, it looks like all that is necessary is some capacitors. I
did suspect this, but I did not think it would work without
a little bit more. One of the things I thought was that you needed
to change the capacitance, and was thinking of some
logic that would add or remove this according to the load. I also
thought you needed some kind of starter.
But, at the moment I am not sure: to just add capacitors seems a
little too simple :)

But on the other hand, what if you have an inductive load ? (
Well , I just wonder )

Thanks,

//ARNE

Discussion Thread

Arne Chr.Jorgensen 1999-12-29 08:23:40 UTC Induction generator