CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Diving into Linux 5.1

on 2000-01-01 19:06:42 UTC
Robert, I am not sure if it matters, but all the references
I have seen in regards to EMC, have been installed on
version 5.2. The next step is to install the RT patch to
the RedHat kernel. Then install the NIST EMC software
and run that. Below is a link to the installation instructions.

Steve

----------
From: Robert N Ash <esccmail@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Diving into Linux 5.1
Date: Saturday, January 01, 2000 9:19 PM

From: Robert N Ash <esccmail@...>

Hello all,
I have been watching the progress of EMC since a
windoze version was dowloaded. I didn't have the
hardware so it went as far as the first screen
that had 3 large type axis displays.

It has been some time since my decision to try
Linux,(various good reasons) buying the 5.1 CD and
getting a platform to load it on. I have tackled
the Linux install on a K6 450 MB 128 megs of ram,
a 2 gig HDD, creative 48x CD-ROM, Diamond S# VIRGE
display. I have had success at loading X and
playing around with it. Any fine tuning tips would
be nice.
I now have to get the system "EMC ready" and hope
to be able to download what I need. My hardware is
a Maxnc motion control kit and I think it gets a
phase type input, so,, I should be able to set up
some floppy drives components for a test? (have a
plotter built from them)

Has any list member tried to break down the
archives into subject groups? If so can I have it?
If not I will attempt it.

I want to try the Wordpertfect from the CD anyone
have tips,else I will read how.

Any help is appreciated.

I willbe posting some of my ornimental 2.5 D NC
files for public use as I build my library at
http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/fatbit/35/ncfiles.htm.
--
Robert Ash
Eclectic Services Consulting Contruction

Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the
discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.