CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC on a Compaq

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2002-05-08 12:38:20 UTC
Tom

My guess is that it will. Don't expect much from freqmod. The worst case is
that you will have to mess with the bios a bunch to get it to boot. A
neighbor kid here loaded one a while back and that was his worst problem.
Next worst was finding an audio driver that would work. That may not be a
problem for you. I'd just stuff a BDI in there and see what happens. Worst
case no and you're out $10 for the BDI but you can keep it and try it on the
next machine that you inherit.

Ray

>    From: "thosmurray" <thomasm923@...>
>
> I am about to inherit an old Compaq computer and I would like to know
> if anyone has had any luck getting EMC (via the BDI) to run on this
> particular model:
>
> Compaq Vectra VL Series 4
> Pentium @ 133 Mhz
>
> Thanks,
> Tom Murray

Discussion Thread

thosmurray 2002-05-08 08:14:23 UTC EMC on a Compaq Ray Henry 2002-05-08 12:38:20 UTC Re: EMC on a Compaq