CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: A good 4 axis cam sotware?

Posted by Andrew Werby
on 2002-05-11 19:31:11 UTC
Message: 21
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 19:42:46 -0700
From: "Bob Campbell" <bob@...>
Subject: RE: A good 4 axis cam sotware?

Rams is $999.00

[Although I sell it (for a little less), I wouldn't claim it really supports
the fourth axis. You can do 4th axis indexing with it, though. For 4th axis
motion, you would have to buy the Gold version, which, as Tim points out,
costs more. In addition to |Rams and Vector, the original poster of this
question should also consider DeskProto 3. It works well for importing
complex DXF 3dFace and STL files and constructing toolpaths from them that
run 3 axes at time: X, Z, and A (a rotary axis parallel to X) while Y is
fixed at the zero-position. Fortunately, all these programs offer free
trials of working versions, so he or she can try each and decide which works
for his or her particular projects.]

Andrew Werby
www.computersculpture.com