CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: motor gearing and leadscrew torque

on 2002-05-13 17:51:54 UTC
Check post Message 43436 for the torque stuff. (thanks you Les)
or search this list for leadscrew and check out the stuff over the
last month.

regarding speed, stepper steps from a good driver will run 8hertz or
8,000 steps a second. for a 0.9 deg, 400 steps per rev, 20 rev per
second times 60, you are looking at 1,200 RPM of the stepper.

if you are microstepping, then that is 120 RPM

Master5 can do the 8hz.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "rmtuckeruk" <rmtucker@l...> wrote:
> can any body explain how to calculate the output torque on the
> following setup:-
> 110 oz/in stepper motor
> 4mm lead leadscrew
> what would the effect be of gearing up the leadscrew maybe 4 or 8
> times to get more traverse speed as the motors only revolve at
maybe
> 2.5 r.p.m max so traverse speeds would be slow without
gearing.would
> the torque still suffice to drive my home made engraver/router?.
> any info would be gratefully received.
>
> thanx in advance
> mark

Discussion Thread

rmtuckeruk 2002-05-13 15:47:43 UTC motor gearing and leadscrew torque turbulatordude 2002-05-13 17:51:54 UTC Re: motor gearing and leadscrew torque