CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 2320

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2002-05-18 06:19:03 UTC
Jon, Babar

I disagree but not violently. The names of all five files can be changed and
still make a working system. As Jon points out you change the ini file name
in the run file. The others are changed in the ini file. What Jon may be
thinking of is trying to change a file name while the EMC is running.
Several of us have fallen into that trap at one time or another.

By way of example, I want to use a custom .nml file if I plan to run or view
machine progress over a network. When I do several different small lot parts
I save .tbl files and name them along with the part program file. I also use
the var file to save parameters and variables from one run to the next. For
one project here I engrave serial numbers and keep the last one as a variable
in a specific ini. In general, I keep a separate specific personality for
the EMC under each major project. This includes all five of these files.

HTH

Ray

>    From: Jon Elson <elson@...>
> Subject: Re: How to setup STG-II?
<s>
> But, the other files, (xxx.var, xxx.nml, xxx.tbl) should have the names
> emc.var, emc.nml, emc.tbl to be used by emc.  (In general, you shouldn't
> need to modify these files outside of EMC anyway, so using the standard
> names shouldn't cause much of a problem.)  My understanding, unless
> things have been changed (possible, since I still use an old version of
> EMC) is that these files are always used as emc.var, emc.nml, and emc.tbl

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 2002-05-18 06:19:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 2320