CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: advice on DeskNC for windows?

Posted by bwrfromuk
on 2002-05-23 12:24:51 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Peter Leijnen <pleijnen@y...> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have any experience with DeskNC for
> windows? (this is the version with the external
> controller board)
> How does it compare to CNCpro or EMC?
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Peter Leijnen
> Leijnen Engineering
>
> _

I recently received one of these boards and the first thing I noted
was a mechanical problem. If you try and mount it directly to the
back of the chassis with the db9 connector you don't have access to
one set of terminal connectors becasue they are flush with the
db9/edge of the board. I wrote to them and they are considering
doing a redesign to solve the problem. I like the concept of using
RS232 as it has an inherently greater noise immunity than the
parallel port, having said that, I am currently using Master5 and
will switch to Mach1 when Art releases it.

Regards,

Bernard Randall