CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EDM Plans

on 2000-01-09 11:14:40 UTC
Joseph, nice to hear back from you, and will surely be
looking forward to the pict's and info. The fellows involved
in the LinuxCNC page have been doing a great job, and
it will go a long way into helping people in this are
of the CNC world.

Steve Carlisle

----------
From: jdelgado@...
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM Plans
Date: Sunday, January 09, 2000 9:41 AM

From: jdelgado@...

I have been on the list for about a month and really enjoy the info!
The CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO email has become a favorite, and readily gets opened
before
other emails! :)

Jon, I checked out your main page with links and definitions, and its good.
The ECM link is not working at this time. Any info?

I did check out the EDM link and am particlulary interested in building a
small
edm. Do you think the power supply you have shown will work for larger
electrodes? Will distilled water make a good dilectric solution? Is
something else better? Does anyone have any other info? I have several
injection molding machines, and build my own tooling. I currently have
about 100 hours of run time on my latest cnc retrofit using steppers. I am
currently working on a complex mold which is begging for some edm work. Now
I am ready for another Goldberg machine..and that edm keeps coming up! I
love homebrew machinery! Boy it gets in your blood. I will also be
posting some photos of my CNC retrofit on my website soon. Also Steve, I
will be posting photos of a 40 ton injection molding machine, which I will
be offering in both kit and plans form. It will have a 1 1/2 oz. capacity!
Something really useful around the shop.
Thanks for all the great info.

Avid Newbie..
Joseph Delgado Sr.

Sign up for eLerts at: