CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Determining CL to make motor mounts for CNC mill conversion?

Posted by dspinnett
on 2002-05-28 18:39:37 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., bjammin@i... wrote:
> At 11:16 PM 5/27/02 -0000, you wrote:
> >1. Easiest way to determine the bracket (shaft-to-shaft)
centerline
> >so I can use a standard toothed belt length?
>
> GO shorter and use tensioner. I have my motors on eccentric mounts.
> >
> >2. Where to get said belts and gears?
>
> Winfred Berg has a nice line of belts and pulleys for all power
ratings. If
> you use the ones with wire cores, have them put two splice
bushings on
> instead of one. It costs a bit more I guess, but they just about
double the
> rating.
>
> Regards, Hoyt

Thanks Hoyt, and Jan (and anybody else that may reply!)

http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/best.html
http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/caving.html
> Where's Curtis LeMay when we really need him??

Discussion Thread

dspinnett 2002-05-27 16:16:40 UTC Determining CL to make motor mounts for CNC mill conversion? bjammin@i... 2002-05-28 05:03:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Determining CL to make motor mounts for CNC mill conversion? dspinnett 2002-05-28 18:39:37 UTC Re: Determining CL to make motor mounts for CNC mill conversion?