CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: STG card

Steve Carlisle wrote:

> From: "Steve Carlisle" <quatsein@...>
>
> To those fellows using the STG servo card, are there
> any features that are NOT being used on this card in
> a typical servo motor application.

So far, nobody uses the analog input. But, there is hope that
someday, that could be used for spindle power feedback and
a joystick for jogging.

Otherwise, the analog out and encoder counters are used
for the motion hardware, and the digital I/O is used for
limit and home switches, and such.

The interrupt clock is not being used directly to control the
servo update rate (due to it being easier to do it with the
PC's own int. clock) but I (at least) use it for a watchdog
timer to shut the motion system down if the CPU freezes
(which has never happened).

Steve Carlisle 2000-01-10 17:28:27 UTC Re: STG card Jon Elson 2000-01-10 16:45:47 UTC Re: STG card