CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Dolphin Turning and Masterscamming

Posted by Marcus & Eva
on 2002-06-02 08:59:00 UTC
Hi John:
Thanks for the review; it's always the most useful, in my opinion to get
a rundown from a guy who actually has to make parts for a living from a
program.
I have a specific question; do you know if it's possible (and easy!!!) to
define a custom tool in the lathe program?
It's possible in Master-scam, but excruciating, and the process is badly
counterintuitive.
I turn a lot of tiny profiles with tiny custom-ground ballnose tools, and
most lathe programs are heavy on standard insert tooling, which is useless
to me.
I've been looking for a while, and haven't seen anything that impresses me
at all, for this application.
I'd also love to come up with a Mastercam post that allows me to use my
VMC's as vertical lathes.
I've hand coded a few jobs, but it's a pain in the rear.
Any brilliant programmers out there that could point me in the right
direction for something like this?
Cheers

Marcus