CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] we have lift off was RE:gecko201's

on 2002-06-02 18:05:52 UTC
Hi Mark,

You've computed all the other parameters, but not the 10x of the Gecko
G201, it is a microstep drive!

Alan KM6VV

markpowerplus wrote:

> Morning everyone!
> Well I have done it , yes I have my mill cnc'ed and running .Iam
> sooo happy!!!thank you all for your help The problem I had the other
> night was my error ,I forgot to calibrate the number of steps per
> inch in the CNCPRO setup section. It was still on default of 100
> steps /inch instead of 2000! When I thought that the motors were
> locked they were in fact not, but stepping extremely slow! BUT even
> so the travel is only one tenth of what it should be ie: .5 of an
> inch instead of 5 inches. The calibration is correct ie:200 steps/rev
> geared by toothed belt 2/1 reduction on a 5 tpi ballscrew should be
> 2000 steps /inch , am I correct (sometimes I cannot see the forest
> for the trees!). So what am I missing here? By the way I have tried
> it on MAXNC the travel is also the same .
> Help again!
> Mark

Discussion Thread

markpowerplus 2002-06-02 16:09:52 UTC we have lift off was RE:gecko201's Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-06-02 18:05:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] we have lift off was RE:gecko201's