CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] circles and resolution

Posted by Sven Peter
on 2002-06-06 05:44:09 UTC
Hello Mark,
the size of the mill and the stabillity of the machine here are
determent.
I did for a couple of years flat sheet patterns for radio amplifier
boxes out of 0.063" aluminium with 1/8" mills.
The first mill I used was a wobbly Techno mill with 200 steps. As long
the machine was OK the bigger circles came out well. But later shatter
was worse then the stepping marks. After 60 ore more holes 2 times
cicled we had up to 0.050" lost positions bacause of lost steps due to
interpolation errors.
At the end we used a 30 year old Idex -Wells with no speed at all, and
the sheets became perfect because of the closed loop system and no lost
steps any more.
Luck Sven Peter