CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Digest Number 308

beer@... wrote:

> From: beer@...
>

> > My latest adventure was drilling some printed circuit boards I made up this
> > weekend. The machine did a great job and it was a bunch more fun than trying
> > to get all the pins in the DIPs to line up drilling by hand.
>
> Tim;
>
> What did you use for a drill head ? Because 2400 RPM through G-10 or
> FR-4 with those little bits doesn't sound like a lot of fun ...

Right! I drilled a few boards with the standard spindle, and it took an hour
per board. Then, I hooked up my air-bearing spindle motor, and was
able to get it up to 24000 RPM with an off-the-shelf variable speed
drive, and I could drill the boards in 15 minutes, due to the much higher plunge
rate.

beer@x... 2000-01-12 09:54:10 UTC Re: Digest Number 308 Jon Elson 2000-01-12 12:26:57 UTC Re: Digest Number 308