CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Help to build a cnc router!

on 2002-06-10 04:37:35 UTC
I don't know the specifics of the motors in qustion, simple google
search had one thread that said they were old. but from watching
this list I have found some different points of view.

One is power... get it, use it.

another is to calculate the theroetical requirements add a small
safety factor and make selections accordingly.

the last is to use what you have to get the thing built.

I am assuming that they are over 50in oz so you have enough power to
move a table, cross slide and router head.

the bigger the motor, the faster you can move everything. With belt
reduction, a small motor will still move everything.

My recomendation, build the table for a full size router base even if
you plan on using a trim router now.

make the motor mounts for big steppers, even if you use small ones
and make sure there is room to move up to a huge leadscrew.

In other words, yes, you can build a router table with your steppers.

as a friendly suggestion, design it as if you had an unlimited budget
and then put in the parts you can afford, leaving space for those big
parts latter on.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "King037" <king037@y...> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have 3 Minertia motors J series type UGJMEE-02XIBxx and 3 steps
> motors from Sanyo Type 103G771-0240, DC 1.53 V,3A,1.8 deg/step.
> I'd like to know if any of these are suitable for a cnc router 8'x
4'.
> TIA.

Discussion Thread

King037 2002-06-09 20:35:39 UTC Help to build a cnc router! turbulatordude 2002-06-10 04:37:35 UTC Re: Help to build a cnc router!