CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 2382 or GE Control

Posted by Sven Peter
on 2002-06-15 05:49:34 UTC
I may add that the GE550 Control is extremely effected by standing shut
off, Humidity, dirt in the switches and voltage surges. It sucks more
current then then the spindle itsself. I would not any more hastle with
it. What we did was to change the power supply and the tape reader
against a 386 PC. Leaving the machine minimum 4 hours connected but idle
every day limited hastle to only once every 3 month. Before everage was
2 times every 2 or 3 days. The drivers of the particular Index Wells
were good. So I would have gone meanwhile if the plant would still exist
with EMC.
And perhaps would have exchanged the generator and position encoder
against an optical encoder. mounted directly on the shaft.
Regards
Sven Peter