CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: BDI-TNG installed and working

Posted by dakota8833
on 2002-06-17 17:48:02 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "j.guenther" <j.guenther@v...> wrote:
> Paul,
>
> I have BDI-TNG installed and working on my shop computer. It is a
Pentium
> 266 with 64MB ram, CD, floppy and 3.3GB hard disk. It is not
configured
> with networking or a printer. Everything seems to be working fine
and I am
> able to make parts with it.
>
> I just saved off my emc.ini file to floppy along with all my part
files
> before I did the install. After completing the installation of
BDI-TNG I
> copied my emc.ini file to /usr/local/EMC/emc.ini and changed it to
use
> freqmod.o instead of steppermod.o along with uncommenting the PERIOD
> parameter. It could probably still stand some tuning to get better
> performance but it is working and that is what is important. Motion
is I
> think better than with BDI-TNG but I cannot be real sure of that.
>
> My milling machine is a Sherline 5400 with 85oz/in motors on all
three axis
> so I am not trying for extreme feed rates, only what I need to make
parts on
> this size of machine. I now need to start configuring EMC for the
4th axis
> since I will be getting a CNC ready Sherline rotary table for my
birthday at
> the end of this month.
>
> John Guenther
> 'Ye Olde Pen Maker'
> Sterling, Virginia

Way to go !! Add some mem and change your ini file to reflect this and
you will see a big improvement with speed.

Frank

Discussion Thread

j.guenther 2002-06-17 08:42:13 UTC BDI-TNG installed and working dakota8833 2002-06-17 17:48:02 UTC Re: BDI-TNG installed and working nahydro 2002-06-18 00:36:37 UTC Re: BDI-TNG installed and working dakota8833 2002-06-18 20:02:31 UTC Re: BDI-TNG installed and working