CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: indexer lpt question?

Posted by bsptrades
on 2002-06-20 10:30:55 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., stan mcdonald <SMCDONAL@K...> wrote:
> I would like to find out if it is possable to interface the indexer
lpt
> software with a commercial CNC machine. The commercial CNC is a
> Milltronics machine with a CEN5 control (dos based machine) it has a
> rs232 port that is never used. What I would be interested in doing
is
> have the CNC do some xyz moves. When the cnc saw an M code it would
> then send a code to the indexer where it would then index so many
> degrees and then the indexer would send back a index complete signal
> back to the cnc so that it would then continue to prosess the rest
of
> the code in the CNC machine until it saw another m code where the
> indexer would again take control and so on.
>
> Thanks
> Stan

You can get a small indexer/single channel driver called a FROG that
is set up for this type interface.

http://www.emachineshop.com/frog/

The question is does your controller have a PLC handshake output or
any other user definable I/O. The external indexer is not to hard but
I have found many old controls don't seem to have any nice handshake
outputs.

Brian S Punakr
BSP

Discussion Thread

stan mcdonald 2002-06-20 09:37:45 UTC indexer lpt question? bsptrades 2002-06-20 10:30:55 UTC Re: indexer lpt question?