CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] joystick control on emc

Posted by Brian Pitt
on 2002-06-26 22:10:08 UTC
HI Peter

I've been working on the handwheel code for EMC and have it
sorta working (needs much more work)
its partly a port of Alan Marconett's pendant routine with some
EMC communications code from the older user interface tasks
its turning out to be more complicated than I thought it would be :-)

right now its built seperatly and can be loaded from a second
terminal window when you enter manual mode and you will have to
close it out (ctrl-c) when switching into auto or mdi

its using its own communication channel to EMC so it dosent have
a way to let the normal UIs update the axis and increment selected
displays just yet but it will send the jogs to the machine and update
the axis positions in the UI

the new code should be up on sourceforge sometime later in the week
or I can send you a tarball off list if you want

Brian

oh yea, works with any of the motion modules ,steppers,servos,whatever

On Wednesday 26 June 2002 21:18, you wrote:
> i am looking for some information on useing a joystick or a wheel
> setup to control the jog on emc running steppers
>
> thanks
> peter hart

Discussion Thread

armadhas 2002-06-26 21:18:51 UTC joystick control on emc Brian Pitt 2002-06-26 22:10:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] joystick control on emc