CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Acu-rite Precision Glass Scales

Posted by dro_guy
on 2002-06-30 22:05:33 UTC
You can cut the scale with a band saw with a sharp blade. Make sure
you cut on the flat of the glass, not the edge. If you remove both
end caps and look down the end, you should be able to see which way
the glass is mounted.

Tim

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "pelevesq" <pelevesq@g...> wrote:
> I have a 18 inches Acu-rite glass scale and I want to cut it to 12
> inches to use it on the cross slide of my lathe, inside the glass
is
> glue to the aluminun chanel.
> What is the safe method for cutting it without damaging or breaking
> the delicate glass.
> Thank you in advance
> Paul-Ernest

Discussion Thread

pelevesq 2002-06-30 06:09:05 UTC Acu-rite Precision Glass Scales dro_guy 2002-06-30 22:05:33 UTC Re: Acu-rite Precision Glass Scales