CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: losing steps ( I am losing my mind :)

Posted by Matt Shaver
on 2000-01-17 15:20:01 UTC
> From: "Arne Chr.Jorgensen" <instel@...>
> Matt said once that it would be difficult to have a closed loop in
> EMC with steppers. What should the PID gain be ? - Well, if you
> put some thought to what I have said, - then a DRO board could
> read the motion. But if you could have a simple algorithm to
> compensate for any lost steps, then this logic could be inserted
> into EMC, without much difficulty. EMC will give the steps, and
> if this little logic could just make sure that the step motors
> would effectuate the steps, then you don't have to include a lot
> of this into the "inverse kinematics" motion loop.

Actually, this is basically how it's working out. Maybe in another week or
two (or maybe three...)we'll see a release with these ideas in it.

Matt

Discussion Thread

Arne Chr.Jorgensen 2000-01-17 10:48:47 UTC losing steps ( I am losing my mind :) Leslie Watts 2000-01-17 14:18:35 UTC Re: losing steps ( I am losing my mind :) Matt Shaver 2000-01-17 15:20:01 UTC Re: losing steps ( I am losing my mind :)