CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Pulse rate of EMC on P500

Posted by dakota8833
on 2002-07-04 04:41:46 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., kos@e... wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have been fiddling with EMC on my P166 machine with poor results.
I switched
> back to DOS and Turbo CNC. Here I get 50 kHz pulse rate.
>
> What can I expect from let's say P500? Will pulse rate be nay better
and in
> what extent?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matjaz
>
> -------------------
> http://www.email.si

I'm running a Celaron 500 with 128 meg on board. I mill at about 6
inches a sec , with rapids at 10 inches a sec. Resolution is 2048 an
inch. That would be 20480 pulses at 10 and 14336 at 6. The cam program
I use can not do arcs in the Z plane so I end up with many lines of nc
code with very short straight line segments. But Emc handles these
with constant contouring and the cpu load at that speed is no problem.

If you have I need to mill highly contoured parts you will be amazed
with EMC

Hope I answered you question

Frank

Discussion Thread