CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Remove Linux

Posted by hansw
on 2000-01-17 21:43:00 UTC
Bill,
Save what ever data you have that may be useful. Make or get a DOS Boot disk and add the following programs too it.
FDISK
FORMAT

If you have a DOS machine you can make a bootable floppy FORMAT A: /S /U

Boot from you Floppy.
Run FDISK and remove non-DOS partitions, then repartition as needed.
exit and reboot ( fdisk requires that ) and still boot from the floppy.
run FORMAT C: /S /U The /U mean unconditional and save answering a a few questions.
once formatted you can take the floppy out and reboot. you should now have a C:\ ready fro installation
of Windows or any other sane OS...! BTW if your are at this point considering multiple OS you can install "System Commander"
and if you partition the drive into several worakable partitions, you will be able to install ANY OS you want.
"System Commander" handles over 26 OS on the same computer.... I have used "System Commander" for years... it's AOK.

regards
Hans Wedemeyer
PS when you get time, is there any special html text for adding a link to this list ? Send it to me and I will add it to my web
site.