CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Setting up EMC

terrytwombly wrote:

> I am still trying to setup this EMC software. It is taking a lot of
> time, I only have a few hours every once and a while. Is there an EMC
> Hobby Group, or someone, somewhere in southeastern Mass. that you know
> of that could help me? I have Linux working, and EMC from BDI working
> the simulation part works. I spent the last three hours editing emc
> .ini and then tried to get it to talk to the machine, It didn?t. I
> have down loaded and read many pages from www.Linuxcnc.org from yahoo
> edm-dro pages and all the other places that I can find to help set
> this thing up. I would like to get this running soon. If there is no
> one to help is there a web site where I can go and step by step
> directions ( ones that anyone can follow ).

You are at the one best place for help on EMC. (There is an EMC developer's
group at a NIST site, and at SourceForge, but for setup help, this is it.)

I assume you are trying to make steppers run through a step/direction
interface? What do you mean "it didn't." Are you stuck in E-stop?
That is most user's first hurdle. You need to tell us exactly what options
you have selected in the .ini file, as well as what version you are using.
You probably also need to tell us what type of parallel port you have.
Most importantly, though, is to know whether you are using steppermod.o or
freqmod.o, and what xxio.o you are using (bridgeportio.o or minimillio.o
are the most common.) Both of these generally require you to use 2
separate parallel port cards.

terrytwombly 2002-07-16 19:04:09 UTC Setting up EMC Jon Elson 2002-07-16 22:13:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Setting up EMC Dave Lantz 2002-07-17 05:56:18 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Setting up EMC