CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Enco XY Table

Posted by rcstickman
on 2002-07-23 15:15:46 UTC
The FET-3 works fine, its just very slow. At least that was my
experience with the board. I would not even consider running them at
5V. Get the resistors and run them at least at 12V. I wanted
something faster which Tim's API260's Drivers or the Gecko's will do
the trick. Both are LearJets compared to the FET being a Cessna. If
speed is not an issue for you then it should be OK.

Alan Trest
Pensacola Florida

-

-- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "JAREDTS" <jaredts@y...> wrote:
> I'm dying to put together a cnc for routing, milling, or at least
> engraving, so I bought an Enco mill drill table. This thing must
> wiegh over 50 lbs. I hope to put the fet-3 controller + 150 ozin
> motors from stepperworld on it as my first step. I realize its a
> unipolar package, but would it really be that bad (if I get
> everything else right)?

Discussion Thread

JAREDTS 2002-07-23 14:45:00 UTC Enco XY Table rcstickman 2002-07-23 15:15:46 UTC Re: Enco XY Table Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-07-23 15:50:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Enco XY Table