CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re:Laser links?

Posted by rainnea
on 2002-07-24 14:44:20 UTC
Or perhaps permanently mounted next to the spindle ?
It should be able to digitse an object far faster than a contact
probe.
I got a quote for the a basic one by Nippon for about £750, but that
was with analog output;
http://www.pca-aus.com.au/products/manufacturer/nippon_8010.html

there are also ones that can be connected to the printer port and do
a broad scan, see;
http://www.melsensor.de/sites/m2d_e/m2d_sites/x0071_frame_unten.html
but I think that's about £1500, plus

UK dealer is http://www.sensorsuk.com

Rab

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Andrew Werby" <drewid@a...> wrote:
> [That's a very interesting little device there! I can see it
mounted in the
> spindle of a CNC mill or router, being used instead of a Renishaw-
type probe
> to digitize things. The .002" accuracy they clain is as good as any
> digitizer on the market. All it would take to make one of these into
> digitizer, it seems to me, is a probing/point-collecting program
that could
> deal with its output (24v, according to the pdf) and a box to
interface it
> with the machine, moving it around as needed. Any idea how much
they cost?]

> Andrew Werby
> www.computersculpture.com
>

> Rab "rainnea" <rainnea@b...> wrote:
> Subject: Re:Laser links?
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Thanks for the link, I was thinking something a bit simpler using
> single point triangulation
>
> This discription comes from:
> http://www.idec.com/usa/html/Sensors_MX1C.html
> "The sensor head projects a laser beam to the object. The diffuse-
> reflected light from the object's surface is received as a spot
> image. This spot image moves from position A to B on the PSD
> (position sensitive device). The optical triangle is used to compute
> the exact distance between the sensor and the object."
>
> There's a diagram on page 2 of:
> http://www.woojoohitech.com/product/pdf/MEL/m5all-spec.pdf
>
> It looks like the main component needed would be the PSD (position
> sensitive device).
>
> Before looking into this I'd thought that laser distance sensors
> would work by measuring the time it takes for a pulse of light to
> return to the sensor although I suppose that this actual time must
be
> minute and difficult to measure accurately,
>
> Regards,
>
> Rab
> >
> > [I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about or not, but the
> Immersion
> > Lightscribe system allows you to "paint" areas shadowed in the
> basic scan by
> > scribbling around with a laser pointer. See
> > http://www.immersion.com/products/3d/capture/lscomparison.shtml ]
> >
> > Andrew Werby
> > www.computersculpture.com

Discussion Thread

Andrew Werby 2002-07-22 18:44:29 UTC Re:Laser links? rainnea 2002-07-23 01:26:44 UTC Re:Laser links? Andrew Werby 2002-07-24 13:51:37 UTC Re:Laser links? rainnea 2002-07-24 14:44:20 UTC Re:Laser links?