CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: OT! Air compression, reply off-list

Posted by jmkasunich
on 2002-07-27 12:40:32 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "John" <johnhe-uk@s...> wrote:
> [Please reply to me off list]
>
> I have been offered the opportunity to go scuba diving...
> I'd like to be able to recharge my own cylinders.

Be very carefull compressing breathing air. There are
serious safety risks that may not be obvious. For example,
even at normal shop air pressure, the heat of compression
can partially partially decompose compressor lubricating
oil that gets into the air stream. The result is carbon
monoxide... There is also a form of pneumonia that is
caused by the fine oil mist often found in shop air. I
don't know enough about these risks to evaluate them, but
I do know that compressing breathing air, even at relatively
low pressures, is not the kind of project that you want to
treat casually. You really have to do your homework, or
pay someone else to do it for you.

John Kasunich

Discussion Thread

John 2002-07-27 09:38:02 UTC OT! Air compression, reply off-list jmkasunich 2002-07-27 12:40:32 UTC Re: OT! Air compression, reply off-list Marcus & Eva 2002-07-27 18:31:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] OT! Air compression, reply off-list Jon Elson 2002-07-27 21:51:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] OT! Air compression, reply off-list