CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Deceleration over ride

Darrell Gehlsen wrote:

> From: "Darrell Gehlsen" <darrell@...>
>
> I don't remember who it was, but someone said that EMC has a G code for deceleration over ride. What is it?
> I found the G code for absolute stop but not the one that would give continuous motion.

The default is continuous motion, assuming the angle change between the two paths is small.
In other words, assuming the two line segments are within a few degrees of the same direction,
at the point where the machine would start to decelerate, it blends in the new motion, so that
at the point where it would have finished accelerating on the next line segment, it will have that
vector fully blended in. There is an exact stop mode, I forget the G-code, but it turns this
off, so that each move comes to a complete stop before the next move begins.

Darrell Gehlsen 2000-01-21 17:04:25 UTC Deceleration over ride Jon Elson 2000-01-21 21:03:52 UTC Re: Deceleration over ride Darrell 2000-01-22 00:20:45 UTC Re: Deceleration over ride