CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How much the MOGLICE will reduce backlash?

on 2002-08-07 22:51:53 UTC
At 02:41 AM 8/7/02 -0000, luis wrote:

> also for how long do you think
>this moglice nut will last working at speed like 30 1n/min? and how

I'm not comfortable running my Sherline at 30ipm in the first place! I
have rapid speed st at 20ipm. My Z axis is also balanced (spindle motor
behind the column) and spring-counterbalanced so it should be about optimum
for the nut life. Moglice recommends Vactra #2 way oil (at least, that is
what their booklet calls out in the wear charts) so that is what I'll be
using on my leadscrews.

>free the axis move so it will not hurt the steppers?

The Sherline steppers were able to run the axes at 20ipm as soon as I
hooked them up. The Y axis did skip once on the first rapid only, then no
axes skipped at all when I jogged them all from end to end about 6 times
(at the 20ipm)

For tauseef, I must admit that I never measured the backlash with an
indicator before the conversion, but from the size of some parts I made
under CNC (vs. the programmed dimensions) I estimate it was .005" at least
in X and Y.

Best regards,

Randy

zephyrus@... http://www.prototrains.com

Discussion Thread

luisguillermo98 2002-08-06 19:41:47 UTC How much the MOGLICE will reduce backslash? Randy Gordon-Gilmore 2002-08-07 22:51:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How much the MOGLICE will reduce backlash?