CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] cnc beam saw

Posted by cnc002@a...
on 2002-08-27 18:00:50 UTC
In a message dated 8/27/02 7:57:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
andrewlee@... writes:

> Randy Abernathy
> 4626 Old Stilesboro Road
> Acworth, GA 30101
> Phone / Fax: 770-974-5295
> E-mail: cnc002@a...
> We service, install and repair industrial woodworking machinery
> Specializing in SCM / SCMI CNC Panel Saws and Routers
>
> Hi Randy,
>
> What is a beam saw or a cnc beam saw?

Lee:

A CNC beam saw is a machine in which you put panels, such as a 49" X 97"
particle baord sheet, and then cut them to the sizes needed to fabricate a
cabinet or other item. The advantage is that this type of saw is controlled
by a computer, there are software packages known as "optimizers" that will
calculate the most efficient layout of those parts on a sheet of material
and, with the correct options, will actually write the program to cut that
pattern. The other advantage to a beam saw is that you can cut multiple
sheets of material allowing very high production of cabinets, etc.

The machine consists of a controller, pressure beam to clamp the material or
stack of material and a pusher, often with clamps on it, to move the material
for cutting. There will also be a scoring saw and a main saw for scoring the
underside of the bottom sheet and for cutting the parts.

If you have any more questions, please contact me offline. You can also go to
www.exfactory.com and see some pictures of all types of woodworking
machinery, including beam saws.

I hope this helps some.

Randy Abernathy
4626 Old Stilesboro Road
Acworth, GA 30101
Ph / Fax: 770-974-5295
E-mail: cnc002@...

We install, repair and service industrial CNC woodworking machinery. We
specialize in SCMI, SCM Group U.S.A. CNC panel saws and CNC routers.

andrewyslee 2002-08-27 16:56:32 UTC cnc beam saw cnc002@a... 2002-08-27 18:00:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] cnc beam saw