CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: to CNC a Bridgeport?

Posted by mariss92705
on 2002-09-02 09:17:54 UTC
Hi,

I would like to put in a shameless plug here.

In November, "Nuts and Volts" magazine will have a complete "how to"
article on how to retrofit a manual Bridgeport to CNC using our
drives.

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Peter Moreton" <Peter.Moreton@r...>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looks like I just purchased a Bridgeport Series 1 mill in good
> refurbished condition, so of course I wish to CNC it straightaway.
It
> seems that homebrew CNC has come a long way since I last looked...
>
> So far as I can see all I need is:
>
> 1/ Some beefy stepper motors.
>
> Display Electronics in the UK used to have some nice
> surplus 180oz/inch units, but these are now
> all gone... Anyone know of some other good sources?.
>
> 2/ Electronics to interface the PC parallel port to drive 3
or 4
> steppers, using a 2 bit
> step & direction protocol.
>
> I've made stepper motor driver boards before using PIC
> microcontrollers, so this is not
> a problem, but are there some cheap off the shelf
> solutions for this?
>
> 3/ Some software such as the NIST EMC freeware program.
>
> Is this the defacto standard software to use?
>
> This looks just to easy...?? Regards, Peter Moreton

Discussion Thread

Peter Moreton 2002-09-02 08:21:07 UTC to CNC a Bridgeport? mariss92705 2002-09-02 09:17:54 UTC Re: to CNC a Bridgeport?